A young Vietnamese couple was left with serious sex injuries after using a plastic bag as a contraceptive. The pair, who were having sex for the first time, had to be admitted to a hospital in the city of Hanoi after sustaining many scratches because the boy was “too shy” to buy a condom, according to the Daily Mail.
The youngsters, both college-going students, did not was to risk embarrassment in public as a result of purchasing a condom from a shop. It was the boy’s suggestion to use a plastic bag for protection instead. ‘As the plastic bag was rough and lacked elasticity and lubrication, the young couple ended up scratching their genitals to the point of bleeding,’ Vietnam’s Tuoi Tre newspaper reported.
The boy and girl later underwent a medical check-up and were prescribed antibiotics and disinfectants for their injuries. Doctors warn that plastic bags and other household items cannot be substituted for condoms as they are ‘not designed for the function.’ While the thick plastic bags can end up causing scratches or even tear genitals, the thinner ones can also cause similar damage and are much less durable than condoms.