Cheap VPS & Xen Server

Residential Proxy Network - Hourly & Monthly Packages

Bengaluru: 20 people fall ill after eating leftover sweets


Bengaluru: 20 people fall ill after eating leftover sweets
Representational image

Bengaluru: Having sweets sold at just Re 1 a piece proved costly for the sweet toothed residents of Sanjay Gandhi Nagar slum in Srirampura, as 20 people, including four adults, fell ill after consuming them.

They had consumed Haal Kova (a sweet prepared from milk) sold by a woman in their locality. She used to sell sweets leftover from functions organised at a convention centre.

Eighteen people, including fourteen children, were admitted to KC General Hospital. The patients complained of nausea and began vomiting and also suffered diarrhoea.

“Manjula, a resident of the same locality sold sweets which the children consumed. They had the sweets around 6 pm on Tuesday and by 8 pm they began to vomit. We had to rush them to the hospital,” recalls Mamatha, a relative of a four-year-old admitted to KC General Hospital.

Mamatha said Manjula was working as a cleaner at a convention centre and used to sell leftover food. She used to sell us boondi (fried gram flour mixture) and sweets, she added. The mother of one-and-a-half-year-old Nafia said that she fell ill after consuming sweets that she ate while playing near her house.

All those admitted are said to be stable and undergoing treatment. Dr H Ravikumar, medical superintendent, K C General Hospital said, “The investigations have been done. Since two children were serious, they have to be sent to Indira Gandhi Institute of Child Health (IGICH). The food sample has been sent Food Safety Authority for examination.” The condition of children is also reportedly stable.

Source

Comments

comments