Monsoons are a breath of fresh air, a much-needed respite from the scorching heat.
What adds to the beauty of monsoon is the chance to gorge on some mouth-watering fried food or a plate of steaming pakodas with a warm cup of tea.
Novotel Imagica Khopoli brings to you five appetizing delicacies to satisfy your monsoon cravings by their Executive Sous Chef, Lokesh Jarodia.
- Baguette – Grilled Slices: 30 gm
- Black Olive Tapenade: 20gm
- Artichoke hearts – grilled: 35gm
- Lettuce Arugula Trimmed: 5 gm
- Tomato confit: 50 gm
- Fresh basil leaves: 3 gm
- Mint leaf: 3 gm
- Zucchini: 20 gm
- Goat cheese: 30 gm
- Parmesan cheese shavings: 8 gm
- Cheese Mozzarella Buffalo: 20 gm
- Spread olive paste on all three pieces of breads evenly.
- On the first slice arrange grilled artichoke hearts garnish with parmesan
- On the second slice arrange tomato confit & mozzarella with garlic, onion & basil.
- On the third slice arrange goat cheese, minted grilled zucchini and garnish with mint leaf
- Arrange all slices on platter, make a quenelle of olive paste and arrange on a corner of the plate.
Vegetable Som Tam salad
- Shredded raw papaya: 150gm
- Carrot julienne: 30gm
- French bean diamond: 30gm
- Cherry tomato: 30ml
- Garlic chopped: 5gm
- Crush mix chilli: 3gm
- Somtam dressing: 45ml
- Peanut roasted crushed: 10gm
- Peanut roasted: 5gm
- Pound chillies and garlic together in a mortar. Add beans and pound.
- Add Som tam sauce & mix well. Add crushed roasted peanut.
- Add cherry tomato, add raw papaya and carrot and mix well.
- Put in a platter and garnish with roasted peanuts.
Crispy Calamari Rings
- Squid rings: 110 gm
- Tempura batter: 60 gm
- Lemon half: 1 no.
- Parsley sprig: 1 no
- Sauce – Thai chilli: 20 ml
- Refined flour (Maida): 20 gm
- Garlic confit: 5 gm
- Dust the squid rings with refined flour.
- Dip in the tempura batter & deep fry it till golden in colour.
- Served with lemon half, garlic confit Thai chilli sauce and parsley sprig.
- Carrot julienne: 40 gm
- Potato sliced: 40 gm
- Onion sliced: 40 gm
- Capsicum julienne: 40 gm
- Besan: 120 gm
- Corn flour: 20 gm
- Mint chutney: 40 gm
- Banana leaf: 1 pc
- Sun flower oil: 40 ml
- Chat masala: 1 gm
- Mix all the vegetables with the Besan batter.
- Put into deep fried net all together and fried till golden brown. Remove and cut into small pieces. tossed with chat masala
- Served with mint chutney.
Vietnamese Vegetable Spring Roll
- Rice paper sheet: 2 no’s
- Tofu batons: 20 gm
- Pickled vegetables: 20 gm
- Peanut crushed: 10 gm
- Glass noodle soaked: 30 gm
- Ice berg lettuce julienne: 5 gm
- Thai red chilli sliced: 1 gm
- Banana leaf: 1 no’s
- Spring onion sprig: 1 gm
- Red pepper julienne: 10 gm
- Fresh mint leafs: 1 gm
- Fresh coriander leafs: 1 gm
- Kikkoman soya: 60 ml
- White sesame seeds: 2 gm
- Soak rice paper sheets in water for 35 seconds.
- Place on chopping board and remove excess water.
- Place iceberg Julienne, dressed glass noodle, deep fried tofu, pickled vegetables, red pepper julienne, coriander leaves, mint leaf and crushed peanuts.
- Place one slice of chilli and roll as for spring roll. Cut into 2 triangle pieces each roll.
- Place banana leaf on platter. Arrange the roll.