A list of top frequently asked Dojo interview questions and answers are given below.
1) What is Dojo?
2) What are the most prominent features of Dojo?
- It is very easy to learn.
- It is used to develop highly interactive web applications and dynamic web user interfaces.
- It offers widgets, utilities, higher IO abstraction etc.
- It is licensed by BSD or AFL.
3) Tell something about the history of Dojo.
Dojo development was first started by Alex Russell and Dylan Schiemann in 2004 and the first Dojo code was written in September 2004.
4) What is the basic directory structure of Dojo?
The basic directory structure of Dojo is very simple and contains following three points:
/index.html : The application entry point.
/app : The application module.
/app/main.js: The main script for app module.
5) Explain the Dojo architecture?
Dojo architecture contains the following:
- Dojo Core
- Dojo Base
- Custom code
6) What are the advantages or benefits of Dojo?
- Loosely typed variables
- Associative arrays
- Objects and classes
- W3C DOM support in the Dojo
- Regular expression
- Associative arrays
7) What are the application support libraries in Dojo?
Dojo contains the following application support libraries:
- I/O package provides routines, e.g., for AJAX binding.
- For drag and drop operations DND package provides routines.
- Useful routines are available for login, animation and storage.
8) What are the disadvantages / drawbacks of Dojo?
Disadvantages/ limitation of Dojo:
- Dojo supports limited browsers, so the developer has to depend on the browser support.
- You can?t hide the Dojo codes in the case of commercial application.
- Dojo requires much network.
- Documentation is quite narrow.
- In the case of commercial application there is no way to hide the Dojo code.
9) What is Dijit and DojoX?
Dijit: Dijit is a widget system and component library that is layered on top of Dojo. It facilitates the user to re-use or use reprogrammed widget.
DojoX: It contains widgets, utilities and classes that are not yet ready for inclusion in the main Dojo library. It has experimental elements and widgets.
10) Which resources do a Widget consists of?
A widget contains two resources:
- A .js file that consists the logic of the widget.
- An HTML snippet that carries the way the widget is presented.
11) What are modules in Dojo?
In Dojo, Modules are individual codes that can be loaded separately. They are identifying using a string that is similar to the file path where the code is defined. Example: my/module/class.
12) What are the features of Dojo charting?
Dojo charting makes developer able to create dynamic, functional and unique charts from varying sets of data. The charting library lives within the DojoX/ charting resource and allow following features:
- It works on almost all devices.
- It can render charts in VML, SVG, Silverlight and Canvas.
- It gives freedom to the developer to choose which renderer to use.
- It evaluates the client and based on the client supports, uses an appropriate renderer.
- It allows to use dojox/gfx library to make charts animate in a wide variety of ways.
- It comes packaged with dozens of diverse and attractive themes.
- It allows for linear and radial gradient within chart themes.
13) What are the components that come along with Dojo framework?
A list of components that comes along with Dojo framework:
- Dojo Tree
- Dojo List box
- Dojo Calendar control
- Dojo Grid
- Dojo Button, etc.
14) What is the difference between Dojo and JQuery?
Difference between Dojo and JQuery:
|Dojo has also got some built-in functionality that are proven and well accepted.||JQuery has built-in plugin, but the plugins might not be verified.|
|Dojo is comparatively tough to use.||JQuery is simpler to use compared to Dojo.|
|Dojo provides the features of widget toolkit.||JQuery is highly customizable and used to create AJAX applications.|
|Dojo requires higher network bandwidth.||JQuery can work even at low network bandwidth.|
|Dojo is used for creating bigger website and application.||JQuery is preferred for small websites.|
15) What are the several Dijit layout widgets?
A list of several Dijit layout widgets:
- Border Container
- Tab Container
- Split Container
- Stack Container
- Accordion Container
16) Which conditions have to be fulfilled for a function of Dojo/ready module record a callback?
The Dojo/ ready module has a function that records a callback that will run once the three conditions have met:
- DOM is ready
- All outstanding or remaining modules of requested code have completed loading
- Other registered functions with a higher priority have completed.
17) What is the difference between Ajax and Dojo?