- jQueryUI facilitates you to make highly interactive web applications.
- It is open source and free to use.
- It provides a powerful theme mechanism.
- It is very stable and maintenance friendly.
- It provides an extensive browser support
- Good documentation
jQuery UI Categorization
We can categorize the jQueryUI into four groups.
1) Interactions: Interactions are the set of plug-ins which facilitates users to interact with DOM elements. These are the mostly used interactions:
2) Widgets: Widgets are the jQuery plug-ins which makes you able to create user interface elements like date picker, progress bar etc. These are the mostly used widgets:
- Date Picker
- Progress Bar
3) Effects: The internal jQuery effects contain a full suite of custom animation and transition for DOM elements.
- Add Class
- Remove Class
- Switch Class
- Toggle Class
- Color Animation
4) Utilities: Utilities are the modular tools, used by jQuery library internally.
- Position: It is used to set the position of the element according to the other element’s alignment (position).