Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Rethinking today’s attribution problem in digital marketing
Oct 12, 2016 by Christi Olson
Proper attribution modeling is one of the biggest challenges facing marketers today. Columnist Christi Olson discusses the common gaps in attribution and some ideas for thinking more holistically about your digital marketing campaigns.
- How should your ad budget impact campaign building?
Oct 12, 2016 by Brett Middleton
Wondering how to make the most of your AdWords budget? Columnist Brett Middleton shares his formula for calculating search impression share so that you can make ROAS projections based on budget reallocation.
- Best practices for personalizing content at the local level
Oct 11, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Searchers now use a wide range of devices to shop for nearby products and services, yet it’s a challenge for brands to find consumers online in the “near me” moments that matter.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Amazon aims for faster holiday shipping by limiting new 3rd-party sellers
- After 4 months & 125M+ pages indexed, where are we with AMP?
- I’ll stop the world and link with you
- Google acquires Famebit to give creators more branded content opportunities
- Is your content share-worthy? 4 questions to ask
- Navigating the new waters of live content
- How Facebook is dealing with ads overcrowding the News Feed, explained in 42 seconds
- What marketers should know about Instagram’s latest tests and rollouts
- MarTech Today: Expedia’s smile recognition, mobile wallet’s future & Google’s quality updates
Search News From Around The Web:
- Baidu launches medical chatbot to help Chinese doctors diagnose patients, The Verge
- Going Viral With Backlinks (Here’s How to Do it), Ignite Invisibility
- Need More Links and Shares? Stir Up a Little Controversy (A List of Do’s and Dont’s), Search Engine People
Local & Maps
- Apple Maps Ranking Factors, www.localseoguide.com
- Presidential Election Survey Scam: A New Low for Google Maps Spamming, Joyanne Hawkins
- What’s more important than search results position in driving clicks?, Internet Retailer
- Answer: Who made the mosaics?, Search Research 1
SEM / Paid Search
- 3 New Upgrades Make the Web’s Best Keyword Research Tool Even Better, Moz
- Flex Frame Ads: The Beginning Of The End For The Publisher-Side Ad Server? AdExchanger
- Grow Your Business By Avoiding These 5 Common Paid Search And Social Mistakes, Web Presence
- How Retargeting Ads Influence Your Behavior, Jeff Bullas
- How to optimize your monthly retargeting budget, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Seven PPC Industry Experts Reveal Their Top Holiday PPC Tips, Bing Ads
- What You Can Learn About PPC From Hollywood’s Big Budget Movie Campaigns, Kissmetrics
- 3 Lazy SEO Tips to Jumpstart Customer Acquisition, Kissmetrics
- Best Chrome Extensions for SEOs & AdWords Professionals, Luna Metrics
- How to Optimize for Google Home NOW #OKGoogle, Bruce Clay
- Updated Version of NAP Hunter Lite Now In Chrome Store, Local SEO Guide
- What Gets the Most Results for Top SEOs?, Search Engine Journal
- Why every content SEO strategy should start with keyword research, Yoast
- Yes, Keyword Rich Descriptions Still Matter for Pinterest SEO, Tailwind