Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Panda demotes or adjusts your rankings down — it does not devalue
Oct 14, 2016 by Barry SchwartzGary Illyes from Google told us Google’s new Penguin 4.0 algorithm devalues spam, ignores it — but Panda demotes the spam by adjusting the rankings down.
- Search in Pics: Google test tube pencils, basketball & SEO mud
Oct 14, 2016 by Barry SchwartzIn this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. Google basketball court: Source: Instagram Google indoor office swing: Source: Instagram Dead sea SEO mud: Source: […]
- Google News adds “Fact check” label for articles that contain fact-checking content
Oct 13, 2016 by Amy GesenhuesGoogle says articles that include the schema.org ClaimReview markup will have the Fact Check tag.
- The ins and outs of keyword research
Oct 14, 2016 by Amy BishopWhen looking for opportunities to grow search traffic, keyword expansions can be valuable. Columnist Amy Bishop discusses when keyword expansions do and do not make sense, along with tips for identifying quality terms.
- What Google’s experimental content podium means for SEO
Oct 14, 2016 by Tony EdwardWhat’s the deal with Google Posts? Columnist Tony Edward explains this invite-only Google feature and discusses its potential implications for search marketers.
- What you need to reach the big leagues of local SEO
Oct 14, 2016 by Brian SmithLooking to build a successful career in local SEO? Columnist Brian Smith is here to coach you on how to improve your game.
- Take your paid search campaigns to the next level
Oct 13, 2016 by Digital Marketing DepotFor most advertisers, the process used to place bids has remained largely the same for the last 15 years. It is a complex, massively time- and data-intensive chore that can exceed the capabilities of human marketing teams. This makes search bidding a perfect candidate for big data analytics and high-frequency bid automation — or Predictive […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Say hello to the newest intelligent agent, Ozlo
- Are there PPC monsters lurking inside your paid search account?
- What Google’s recent RLSA updates mean for advertisers
- With holiday 2016 approaching, retailers need a mobile wallet strategy ASAP
- The evolution of the programmatic superchannel
- 6 questions from elementary school are key to content creation success
- Chinese giant Alibaba makes strategic investment in “location as platform”
- MarTech Today: The Verizon-Yahoo deal, LiveRamp’s new ID resolution service & a new Google AMP testing tool
- Get the most from your social media campaigns this holiday shopping season
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- NOAA post Hurricane Matthew imagery in Google Earth, Google Earth Blog
- Penguin 4.0: Should celebrations be on hold?, Branded3
- Google Penguin Can Discount All Discount All Your Links, Good Or Bad, Search Engine Roundtable
- Amazon Opens Beta For Alexa List Skills API, ProgrammableWeb
- Google People Also Search For Carousel On Back To Search Results, Search Engine Roundtable
- SEO: Accelerated Mobile Pages for Ecommerce, Practical Ecommerce
SEM / Paid Search
- 3 Steps For A Stress-Free Vacation From PPC, PPC Hero
- Video: Google Mobile Index, Penguin Destruction, Machine Learning & More, Search Engine Roundtable
- Ways to Expedite and Improve Your Keyword Research, semrush.com