Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Penguin looks mostly at your link source, says Google
Oct 10, 2016 by Barry SchwartzWhen we asked Google’s Gary Illyes about Penguin, he said SEOs should focus on where their links come from for the most part but they have less to worry about now that Penguin devalues those links, as opposed to demotes the site.
- Google labels your links, such as “footer” or Penguin-impacted
Oct 10, 2016 by Barry SchwartzGoogle’s manual action team has access to look at a page’s link labels and may use that to dig deeper into the site’s activities.
- Find out how marketers are benefiting from Account-Based Marketing
Oct 10, 2016 by Digital Marketing DepotA recent report shows that organizations adopting ABM have a 10 percent higher win rate. What are the other benefits of ABM, and how can it help your organization? Download “BrightFunnel ABM Benchmark Insights — Q3 2016” for findings, analysis and five key recommendations to help guide your organization’s ABM strategy. Visit Digital Marketing Depot […]
- Does finding that micro-moment feel like chasing fireflies? Here are 9 data points that will help you catch them.
Oct 10, 2016 by Wesley YoungConsumers are searching, doing and buying on their mobile devices, yet the challenge to reach them seems greater than ever. Columnist Wesley Young of the Local Search Association takes a look at 9 stats that suggest ways to improve your capture rate.
- Google puts RGB-Hex color converter in search results for “RGB to Hex” queries
Oct 10, 2016 by Amy GesenhuesOften used for web design and graphic design work, an RGB color conversion tool determines exact color values.
- Forget about unique content. Try actually BEING local!
Oct 10, 2016 by Greg GiffordColumnist Greg Gifford notes that when all your competitors have unique content, then that alone won’t be enough to help you stand out from the crowd.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Snapchat’s latest Stories tab redesign adds post-roll ads, playlists
- Google Analytics desktop UI gets a refresh with navigation updates & customization tab
- Best practices for personalizing content at the local level
- The ins, outs and industry effects of Apple’s Limit Ad Tracking changes
- IAB’s first report on VR/AR surveys the terrain for marketers
- Activate your audience with a ‘measurement framework’
- [PODCAST] Marketing Land Live #30: A conversation with Google’s Gary Illyes (part 1)
- MarTech Today: Eye-tracking study on viewability, Optimove’s intelligent agent & Facebook’s new Events app
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google shuts down Panoramio, TechCrunch
- Google Showing “From the Menu” Photos, Adds Photo Uploads for Local Restaurants, thesempost.com
- Dozens of suspicious court cases, with missing defendants, aim at getting web pages taken down or deindexed, Washington Post
- 5 Local SEO Pitfalls That Can Cost You | Search Engine People, searchenginepeople.com
- Google: Noindex Trumps Index Robots Directive, Search Engine Roundtable
- October 2016 Google Webmaster Report – Penguin 4.0, AMP & More, Search Engine Roundtable
- SEO Relevancy: Why It Matter for Your Site, Stone Temple
- The Complete Guide to Creating On-Site Reviews+Testimonials Pages, Moz
SEM / Paid Search
- 12-year-old gets €100,000 Google bill after confusing AdWords and AdSense, Naked Security