What is jQuery
- jQuery is platform-independent.
- jQuery means “write less do more”.
- jQuery simplifies AJAX call and DOM manipulation.
Following are the important features of jQuery.
- HTML manipulation
- DOM manipulation
- DOM element selection
- CSS manipulation
- Effects and Animations
- HTML event methods
- JSON Parsing
- Extensibility through plug-ins
Why jQuery is required
- It is very fast and extensible.
- It facilitates the users to write UI related function codes in minimum possible lines.
- It improves the performance of an application.
- Browser’s compatible web applications can be developed.
- It uses mostly new features of new browsers.
Some of these companies are:
What should you know before starting to learn jQuery?
If you are a fresher and want to study these subjects first.